Mental Health: Let's Talk About It More

Hey everyone! Welcome back to another blog. Today I'm going to talk about a really important topic that needs way more awareness than it gets. I think we all are aware of who Simone Biles is. For those who don't know, she is one of the most successful gymnasts in the entire world. So during the recent Olympics, she had to opt-out of the Group Finals in her sport due to mental health problems. She was fearful that she'd cost her team a medal, and so she backed out like she should have because she wasn't in the right mind to perform, she just had too much pressure on her back. Honestly, she got more hate than she got support. Many people just said that she was a 'weak' person for backing out. The thing is, that mental health is as important as physical health. I know we say that this issue has been getting more and more attention, but hearing about this incident, I'm honestly back to square one with my perspective on things changing. I think the importance of

Fake Friends?

Well, hello! I guess it's been a long time since I have written something. Today's topic is quite interesting. I find it interesting. I guess. 

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS IN REGARDS TO NO ONE. JUST A FEW OF MY THOUGHTS I WANTED TO PUT OUT THERE. SO IF YOU KNOW ME AND YOU ARE READING THIS, SORRY BUT NO, THIS IS NOT IN RELATION TO YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE I KNOW. THANKS.

So, I guess most of us would agree that we have a lot of friends at school. Or even at a workplace. I guess it happens with everyone, that if we talk to someone a bit, we say that we are friends with that person. But, that necessarily isn't always true. So, what exactly is friendship? Who is your best friend? Is it some random person that you talk to every day or is it not that person? Well, after a bunch of fake friends and some rough rides through the course of friendship, here's my perspective.

Let's talk about person A. He/she is in your class or in your office. You guys see each other every day and have small talks. Once you reach home, maybe you text each other for some help that either one of you requires. You only get texts from person A when they need help. As you talk about that, you may crack 2-3 jokes and have fun texting each other.

Now, let's talk about person B. He/she is again, in your class or in your office. You actually enjoy his/her company. If anything gets messed up in your life, person B is whom you'll call. You help each other, and person B doesn't just talk to you because he/she knows you might be of good help in the future. 

But, who do you really think is your friend? After rough experiences, I have learned it the hard way. It is person B. You know, it's a human tendency. What happens is, that you love talking to person A. You know, it's like a habit. But, on the days when person A behaves rudely with you, you can't help but cry your heart out like your 'best friend' has betrayed you. Oh dear, was he/she even your friend in the first place?

There are some days, when people like person A talk behind your back or make you feel bad, with offensive comments. This person A might even provoke you by saying weird things about person B. But, as soon as person A requires your help, they'll behave like they care about you the most. Again I would like to mention, it's a human tendency. When they come to ask you for help, you ignore everything else they've done and just help them. WHY? 

It happens with everyone, that there are some days when you don't feel like yourself. You have a bad mood. Now what usually happens is, if you try to open up with person A, they'll try to talk to you, but act sort of not interested. Now, when you open up to this person B, he/she will understand you. Talk to you. Help you and make sure you're okay.

Now, we can clearly see that this person A isn't as good of a friend as you had imagined. This fact may be hard to digest, but it's true. Face it now, or feel bad a bit more, and then realize it. 

A friend is always that person whom you can open up to, who understands you, whom you matter to. Not someone who talks to you occasionally and texts you only when they are in dire need of some help or they require some work. A friend is someone with who you can be 'yourself' with. You don't need to pretend. That's the whole point of having a friend. If you have to pretend in front of them, clearly they're not even your friend. 

And yes, I have also learned this that no. A friend shouldn't be a person who texts me for work and ignores me the rest of the time. A friend should be a person who knows how weird and crazy I am. Someone who would make weird playlists with me, which would be a compilation of our favorite songs. A person that enjoys my company. Someone who recommends me weird and creepy stuff to read and then have a long discussion upon it, which ends in a lot of jokes. And yes, a friend should be someone who understands me.

So, I guess I finally have understood that a friend isn't someone whose WhatsApp media is filled with pictures of notebooks and notes that we share with each other. Rather, a friend is the one with whom your relationship is built upon craziness, weirdness, love, and care that you have for each other. 

And yes you may think that why am I writing about this, and yes you might already know about this. But I just want to put it out there, that sometimes, we go on tagging some people as our friends and best friends, who go on to hurt us further in life. And we can't help but feel bad. 

Yes, you may have fewer friends. But, fake friends are the worst. Believe me. The less you have them in your life, the happier you are. Trust me, this is true. 

Remember, quality over quantity. Always.

Comments

  1. True...a bit hard to understand and accept in one's life...But an eye opener...Jo samajh gaya uski life sorted...Well written dearπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how relatable this is. It seems I have many person A's in my life. Lol. You're a great writer mate!!! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up the good work gurl!!!!! just realized about how many frkin A's I have in my life LOL ... Cant wait for more updates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commendable Blog dude.....Person A sucks!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uke and Me :)

A Dream Come True ✨

Mental Health: Let's Talk About It More