Mental Health: Let's Talk About It More

Hey everyone! Welcome back to another blog. Today I'm going to talk about a really important topic that needs way more awareness than it gets. I think we all are aware of who Simone Biles is. For those who don't know, she is one of the most successful gymnasts in the entire world. So during the recent Olympics, she had to opt-out of the Group Finals in her sport due to mental health problems. She was fearful that she'd cost her team a medal, and so she backed out like she should have because she wasn't in the right mind to perform, she just had too much pressure on her back. Honestly, she got more hate than she got support. Many people just said that she was a 'weak' person for backing out. The thing is, that mental health is as important as physical health. I know we say that this issue has been getting more and more attention, but hearing about this incident, I'm honestly back to square one with my perspective on things changing. I think the importance of

Oh My Dear School :(

Why, oh why, COVID-19, did you have to come into everyone's life and make it terrible! You're the worst!! I hate Coronavirus (everyone does!) for a number of reasons. Be it not being able to go to public places, or not being able to meet relatives who live far away. But, the thing I hate most about this disgusting virus, is that I can't go to school! I'm a 9th grader, and this whole session I haven't met my friends or my teachers. Quoting Chandler Bing from F.R.I.E.N.D.S, "Could I be any more sad?πŸ˜•"

So, here are the top 4 reasons why I am literally missing to go to school these days:

Lunch Box Fights- Oh my god how can anyone forget that exact moment when you open your lunch box and just by the sound of the lid clicking, your friends come rushing to you? If I ever took something really delicious like Pav Bhaji, Maggi, or Pizza to school, I had to go and sneak in a corner because my friends have quite a strong sense of smell! At once they would figure out that my lunch box today has something intriguing! But now, as I eat my lunch alone after the virtual classes, I really yearn that iconic line, "Dude, what is in your lunch box today? Tell no please!"πŸ˜‚ I hope that soon I get to see all those weirdos around me. Don't think that I never did the same! If my best friend had something awesome for lunch, I grabbed the opportunity to try out his lunch! I miss that 😞

School Trips- Do I really need to mention any further or did you just understand my feelings through the headline? πŸ˜‚The school trips, be it educational or for entertainment, were, to be honest, the best part of the school. How could anyone forget those awesome bus rides? Eating snacks with your friends, singing songs by blasting your throat, and just, enjoying! Throughout so many years of my school life to date, I have never understood how time flows when we're riding a bus to a school trip. An hour-long ride seems like 10 minutes. That is the magic of it⭐. Reaching that spot and just having the time of your lives with your friends and teachers was amazing. I seriously wish that I can just go to school and those trips could never end.

Stay Backs- The feeling when you got to know that you were one of the selected ones and you are supposed to stay back after school with your friends to work on it was one of the most irreplaceable feelings.😌 Those stay backs when the entire school was empty and just your friends and your teacher were there were wonderful. The freedom to just roam around, like you're the only one. The feeling of just enjoying and working was one of the best feelings. I remember, how I had been selected for several competitions and had to do staybacks. Just staying late than everyone else and enjoying was awesome. 

My Friends!- I couldn't have ended this blog without mentioning those without whom everyone's school life is lonely, could I? My friends of course! From the time of entering school, till the time we return back home, our friends are the ones who enjoy and chill with us throughout. I mean, I miss seeing them! Alright alright, we have video calls, but till when is that going to satisfy me?πŸ˜‚ It was so amusing when I met my friends, we laughed till our tummy hurt and made crazy jokes! 😜 I have had many awesome friends. One recommended a lot of songs, and now they have slipped into my favorites! One friend told me to watch BBC Sherlock, which has now become one of my favorite TV Shows. Few helped me when I required help, and so on. There have been a lot more friends of mine like this, and I have the best time with them.

Oh dear god, just listing these out made me more eager to go back to school! I miss my school, my friends, my teachers, and basically everyone! Can I just go back to school, please? Ughh I truly hate you, you weird disgusting Coronavirus! πŸ˜–πŸ˜’πŸ˜  

Comments

  1. Nice....i also miss my school days very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...really missing school days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, We can understand your feelings baby.. We are with you praying for this pandemic to get OVER soon....
    Very well Drafted , Keep it Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember all of the above headings. Used to be some of the great things of school but now are just memories.
    Really miss going to school

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgzzzz Gappu that's so guddddd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent writing. Very well drafted and expressed. I really enjoyed reading the whole writing... so coherent and cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well drafted ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet!!..it reminded me school days :)
    It was truly an awesome time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uke and Me :)

A Dream Come True ✨

Mental Health: Let's Talk About It More