Mental Health: Let's Talk About It More

Hey everyone! Welcome back to another blog. Today I'm going to talk about a really important topic that needs way more awareness than it gets. I think we all are aware of who Simone Biles is. For those who don't know, she is one of the most successful gymnasts in the entire world. So during the recent Olympics, she had to opt-out of the Group Finals in her sport due to mental health problems. She was fearful that she'd cost her team a medal, and so she backed out like she should have because she wasn't in the right mind to perform, she just had too much pressure on her back. Honestly, she got more hate than she got support. Many people just said that she was a 'weak' person for backing out. The thing is, that mental health is as important as physical health. I know we say that this issue has been getting more and more attention, but hearing about this incident, I'm honestly back to square one with my perspective on things changing. I think the importance of

A Million Dreams ✨

Hello! Today's blog is a bit different. It's not exactly a blog. It's a poem, that I wrote. The title for the poem, as you can already see, is 'A Million Dreams'. Hope you like it!


It’s too dark now, 

I wonder why I can’t sleep.

I’m diving into my thoughts and, 

Reaching into deep.


Dreams or nightmares, what are they?

They call me out.

I keep on wondering, 

And give them a benefit of doubt.


At last, I come to know,

They’re just my dreams.

The ones I had prioritized before,

But now I conceal.


Where did I go wrong,

I was supposed to be different.

But I somehow became the same,

Just like the others, indifferent.


It was not the same back then, 

A different mindset used to drive me.

I wanted to do something big,

Success will be for sure, I used to guarantee.


A million dreams, 

Didn’t let me sleep.

The bright light of my future, 

Used to beam against my cheek. 


This seems like a wake-up call, 

To go and chase my passion.

I won’t give up this time, 

I and my dreams will have adhesion.


A million dreams,

Won’t let me sleep.

The bright light of my future,

Will again, beam against my cheek.



Comments

  1. Woah, this just blew my mind. It's goddamn awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This... this is great. Never expected from you. I am getting linkin park vibes from it. Truly beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uke and Me :)

A Dream Come True ✨

Mental Health: Let's Talk About It More